Thursday, April 8, 2010

you're looking into my heart


When the music fades & all is stripped away
And I simply come longing just to bring
Something that's of worth, that will bless your heart.

I'll bring you more than a song,
for a song in itself is not what you have required.
You search much deeper within,
through the way things appear - you're looking into my heart.

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
and it's all about you, all about you Jesus.
I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it,
it's all about you Jesus, it's all about you.

King of endless worth,
no one could express how much you deserve.
Though I'm weak and small all I have is yours,
every single breath.

-Heart of Worship (Matt Redman).

---


With every step forward, there are more pitfalls to avoid. God has been teaching me and taking me further with Him through these past few months and I'm so grateful, it's been such a blessing! Yet I continually have to check myself for pride. It is such an ugly thing that the Lord detests, yet it is my biggest struggle... Just to be completely candid and honest with you all.



Proverbs 16:18-19 Pride goes before a fall. Better to be lowly in spirit and among the oppressed than to share plunder with the proud.

Proverbs 16:5 The Lord detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: they will not go unpunished.

Romans 12:16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

1 Corinthians 13:4 Love... does not boast, it is not proud...



Whenever God pulls me up on this sin, it is such a kick in the rear and I fall back down to my knees - exactly where I should be. There He is able to teach me what is needed, yet as He moves me forward I stand back up. Why is it so hard to move forwards yet stay on my knees? I see a lifetime of surrendering everything and handing it back over to God time and time and time again... Is this one lesson I'll have to keep relearning for the rest of my life?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danielle,
    This lesson is one that I am still learning, and I'm sure that God looks upon me and says, "Not again",every time that I commit the sin of pride.

    I'm not perfect, nor good, nor worthy, and yet our loving God sent His Son to die for me ~ we truly do serve an awesome God!

    Have a wonderful and blessed week,
    Love, Jillian ♥

    ReplyDelete