Monday, August 9, 2010

22 weeks


So, it's time for an update on mission stuff.

A few weeks ago I held a garage sale at my church. Many people contributed items to sell and finally, after much work, my family and I got up extremely early one Saturday morning and opened up shop. We had 3 tables of clothes, 4 tables of books, CDs, DVDs etc as well as everything from small knick-knacks to a lounge set and a pool table! I also had a sausage sizzle going on and let people know what the garage sale was in aid of.

God must have been smiling down on us and blessing me because in spite of a few carnivals and celebrations going on in neighbouring suburbs at the same time and feeling like things were going remarkably slowly with hardly any buyers, at the end of the morning we had made $1600!

So now I have officially booked my tickets as far as London. I will travel with a friend also heading to the ship, from Australia to Kuala Lumpur then onto London for four days before probably stopping to visit family in Holland and arriving in Germany for the pre-ship conference.

Official departure date: January 10, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment