Monday, August 23, 2010

my limitations vs God's power


"You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant - not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." 

-2 Corinthians 3:3-6


I acknowledge that I am yet a babe in my walk with Christ, no matter my yearning for it to be otherwise. The thing is to not let my limitations limit what God can do through me - that will always be the case; to not let ourselves limit God, no matter where we are at. As the above passage says, our competence comes from God so we need to have faith in him. After all, his power is made perfect in our weakness (2 Cor. 12:9).

Last night at my churches evening service, a friend had a word for me: each time he prayed for me, Chad felt that I didn't have enough confidence in God; that I realised all too well my limitations and wasn't allowing God to work through me in spite of myself. About 2 minutes later I had the opportunity to pray for Chad - he had a twisted pelvis and when he sat with legs out, his right leg was 1cm shorter than the left leg. After a brief prayer, I watched as Chad's right leg lengthened and evened out to be level with his left leg!! 

I'd heard of this and know of many people whom God has healed and I have no doubt that he does heal today, yet I had never had the privilege of praying and seeing the healing occur before my eyes. Now I have seen it happen, Chad said he could actually feel it happen and after I saw him stand and do various movements which had been previously been causing him pain for a few months. God is good!

It was exciting to note how God let me know there was something that needed to change, then immediately gave me the opportunity to change - simply by saying 'yes' and allowing him to move. I look forward to many similar occurrences!


Thank you Father God, for your healing hand upon Chad and for allowing me to be a tiny part of your plan. Thank you for the lesson learnt - I'm sorry for not having enough faith, but thank you that you love me enough to nudge me in the right direction and give me the chance to grow and see you do amazing things! Lord, I ask that you continue to prompt me, reveal my imperfections that they may be changed, for you to be glorified through my life, in Jesus' name. 

5 comments:

  1. Dani: I am excited to hear some specifics of how GOd is dealing with you! ☺ We all grow slowly in spits & spurts but the apostle Paul urges us to grow mature in the faith so keep pressing forward into the joy of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ganeida, it is indeed exciting and I am so enjoying pressing into God. This is of course including getting into his word, and what a joy it truly, sincerely is!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus said that a person was healed by his faith! How the Lord blessed you that day so that you could witness Chad's strength in faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeking: Absolutely! I pray for many similar occurrences of seeing God work and seeing others grow stronger in Him, too. It helps to strengthen my faith also - that though Chad had faith, it is God who heals and it was an amazing privilege to see that in action!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally believe in these miracles... as my husband also had his leg grow after many years of praying and asking God for the faith to believe it could happen. And it did. Amazing and exciting Danielle! Loved reading this...

    ReplyDelete