Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Plans and Purposes

"I always learn something in these moments and often see a tiny piece of God's puzzle"







That's another thing that I often mull over: God's plans and purposes. It can be simply put that our purpose is to be in relationship with God and to glorify Him, however there's more to it than that, isn't there?

Then again, does there have to be? As long as we're in a relationship with Him, working on that relationship constantly and aiming to bring Him glory in all, everything should go okay.

In Jeremiah 29:11, God himself says: "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." He has plans. Sometimes we get to see them - or parts of them - and sometimes we don't.

I think I'm now just confusing myself and perhaps no longer making sense, if indeed I ever did! I guess that as long as we're doing the 'keeping in relationship and aiming to glorify Him' part then the rest will flow as He plans and wills, and that has to be enough!

Comments and anyone who can try to help unravel this with me - I greatly welcome your feedback!

2 comments:

  1. When I get really stuck I revert to Deut. 29:29 ~ the secret things belong to God alone. I figure we're nosey~parkers & some things just ain't none of our business ~ even things pertaining to us. Trust seems to be the keyword & most of us have trouble getting to that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, yes very true Ganeida! After mulling, I think I have come to have peace over this topic. I trust God, and am now simply excited to see what will come to pass! Whoever said Christians are boring - pffft! Life with God is the most exciting adventure I've ever experienced!!

    ReplyDelete